My Queer Body
The time has come to show queer people who identify as female or non-binary – in their full, unfettered nature and sensitivity. In this calendar we have attempted to surround ourselves with content that releases women and non-binary people from gender constructs and their representation in photography. “My queer body” is a naked calendar that shows identity, emotions, and the relationship with the body of the photographed people.
CLICK HERE FOR A 50% DISCOUNT VIA SUBSCRIPTION TO THE MAGAZINE!
(please note further information is in Polish).
Posing in the “My Queer Body” calendar:
- Writer Dorota Kotas, author of “Pustostany” and “Cukry”;
- LGBT activist, Yga Kostrzewa, spokesperson for Lambda Warszawa;
- Award nominee of “Paszport Polityki” and poet, Patrycja Sikora:
- “Homokomando” activist Zuzia Nikołajuk;
- Artists: musical duo Cudowne lata (Amina Dargham and Anna Włodarczyk), DJ “Praktyczna Pani” Marta Kondej, art-activist Karolina Micuła, graphic designer Sara “Samsara” Małecka;
- Disabled performer and WenDo coach, Katarzyna Żeglicka;
- Lebanese body positivity activist, Rawan Boustany;
- Creators of Queer initiatives: zine “Girls* to the front” – Ola Kamińska and Agata Wnuk; Podcast “Lebijski SOR” – Jagoda Jobda and Helena Urbańska.
The photographer is Weronika Kann.
Simultaneously with the photo sessions, we talked with our models about their relationship with their bodies. These memorable conversations have been recorded and are available to listen to (mostly in Polish) on Spotify as a part of the “My queer body” project.
All the models posed for free. All the proceeds from the calendar will go towards the development of “Replika”, the only LGBT magazine in Poland.
Click here to see the censored images from the calendar!